Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Two Heads Are Better Than One...

Admittedly, I am a sometimes vegetarian and all of the time talk radio addict. One day while driving to work listening to my favorite Los Angeles talk radio station I heard the hosts raving about an amazing dish that they order regularly at Stonefire Grill in LA.  I was in one of my I'm never eating meat again phases and they were talking about the roasted cauliflower with tahini that they had eaten the previous day, it sounded amazing! After work I headed straight to the store to pick up my head of cauliflower and went home and started my research. This is the recipe that I cobbled together and I think its pretty fabulous. I had it as a main course, but, it would make a great starter or side dish. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Tahini


Ingredients:
  • 1 large head cauliflower
  • 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced.
  • 6 Tbs. tahini
  • 2 Tbs. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 Tbs. chopped parsley
  • 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds 




Directions:

  • Prepare your cauliflower by cutting off the base so entire head will sit flat on your cookie sheet in the oven.
  • Place entire head of cauliflower in a large stock pot of boiling water. Let boil for about 5 to 7 minutes until base becomes tender.
  •  Preheat oven to 425°F.
  • Drizzle cauliflower with 3 tsp. olive oil, and season with salt and place on large cookie sheet, and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork-tender and golden brown. 
  • Heat the remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic in oil 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat 
  • In a small bowl place tahini, lemon juice, red pepper, 10 Tbs. water, and salt. Stirring very well. If needed add water to reach desired consistency.
  • Add sauted garlic to your Tahini mixture and continue to stir until well blended.
  • Place Cauliflour on serving plate and drizzle with Tahini sauce, top with toasted sesame seeds and parsley. 
  • To serve cut into quarters and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment